History of Hôtel-Dieu

The Hôtel-Dieu of Baugé opened its doors to the sick in 1650, thanks to the determination of two women, Marthe de la Beausse, a nun from Baugé and Anne de Melun, princess of Epinoy, who sought to provide hospitality and care to the needy from the town and its surrounding area.

The two women were given support by the Saint Joseph Sisters Hospitaliers who worked in the establishment until 1991.

The Hôtel-Dieu remained in operation until 2001, adapting over time to hospital needs and standards.

les stalles de la chapelle de l'Hôtel Dieu

The castle and the Hôtel-Dieu are open from April 6th to November 3rd 2024